Sunday, September 27, 2009

The Persuaders

1. One thing that I got from one of the last video clips was that the consumer has all the control. The consumer is obviously the one who buys the product so they have the control. The guys says something like, "we are all the persuaders," meaning the advertising companies. So I took this to mean that what I wear and buy effects/persuades my friends, family, etc. to wear or buy what I have. Once you buy a product or some type of accessory or clothing its like you become an advertisement for that product because you are showing it off and if it looks good on you then your friend, family member or anyone else would be more convinced to buy it too. I thought that this concept was really interesting.

2. I think that the amount of advertising we see every day affects us, even if we do not realize it. I don't know if there is really too much or too little but there certainly is a lot. I think that most people would say there is too much, and I think that for the most part they are right, like when I am watching tv and there are more commericals than the actual television to advertise products, I think that is more abundant now and it is annoying. I also think that advertisements affect us even when we don't realize it. A lot of times you look at an advertisment and disregard it, but some really make you think. For example there are all of those beauty product or enhancement products that can really have an effect on girls and women today. Girls see what they are "suppose" to look like and they think they need to wear a certain thing or be a certain size. In that way I think that there is too much advertisements.

No comments:

Post a Comment